Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Three Repairmen, One Day: The Saga Begins

Saturday, Oct. 11th.
I'm about to host a lunch party. I have mopped the floors, put up Halloween Decor, picked up the living room several times, and wiped down the kitchen. When I start to get lunch ready, cupboards start falling off their hinges! Literally! I thought, Steve can fix it. But Steve didn't have time to fix it. I'll just call Wayne, the Property Manager, he says. Yeah, AFTER everyone sees this wonderfully clean kitchen....with stuff spilling out of these ghetto cupboards sagging on one hinge.

Thursday, Oct. 16th.
In the midst of the worst BYU game by far this season (and a few previous seasons), Steve noticed that there was a giant stain in the middle of our kitchen ceiling. We quickly realized this wasn't usual ceiling ornamentation. Steve got on a chair and touched it, and sure enough, it was wet. So adding to the frustration of the game, we realized there must be a leak. And not just a little leak, a big one. That got even bigger after the game. Time to call Wayne, who's still on call for the ghetto cupboards.

Saturday, Oct. 18th.
I was busy cleaning out our bathtub in preparation for someone to look at the bathroom pipes due to the leak. I started getting really hot in there with all that humidity, and I just couldn't cool down! I turned on the fan in our room, which connects to the bathroom. Still hot! So I turned the A/C down to 74--usually it's at 78, to save on our power bill. STILL sweating! Finally I told Steve, I'm burning up! I already turned on the fan and the A/C, and it STILL says it's 81 in here! Then we looked at each other.........*realization*. It's the A/C that's out. Wayne's on speed dial.

4 comments:

Katy said...

oh sad! It really stinks when things break & they always seems to break at the same time!!!

Rory and Melissa Peterson said...

Crazy! At least the next thing didn't break right after he left! Maybe he can hit them all at once. We had an apartment at BYUI that the water heater didn't work in. They would come and fix it, and it would work for a day or two, then it would stop working again. It was terrible! Lots of cold showers!!

Good Luck getting everything fixed!

Heidi McLeod said...

hey! steve just left our house and told me you guys had a blog. I am excited b/c i just started one last night. you guys should come over for dinner sometime this week since your kitchen is in shambles (and of course b/c we would enjoy your company)

steveandemilee said...

Aww, Melissa, I think your story tops mine! Cold showers are the WORST! (Especially in Rexburg!) Brrr...
Thanks Heidi! I'm glad Steve's your home teacher, that's fun! I'm glad to see you have a blog now, I'll be checking up on you...and Chin Lu!