Saturday, February 23, 2008

Kitty Door



Well we broke down and finally got a cat door for Smingers (the orange cat) and Smokey Bones (the gray kitty). Thanks to Carolyn and John for giving us advice on how to design it. As soon as I installed it Smokey Bones jumped up and exited, then re-entered, then exited again several times as if to say "I can't believe that I can come and go now as I please!" Smingers was too fat to jump up to the window, so I lifted him up there so he could check it out too. We placed a chair underneath the window so that he could get up there when we're not home. The unfortunate thing is that Smingers has gotten in a fight with a stray cat twice and has been bitten each time (on our front porch I might add). Since both fights occurred at night, he is afraid to go out after dark so he only goes out during the day. Lately he has been catching geckos and other small lizards and bringing them in to the apartment to play with along with Smokey Bones. I've found about five or six dead little critters in the house.

No comments: