Monday, May 5, 2008

Emilee's Birthday

So here's me on my 24th Birthday. I bought that pretty green shirt earlier that day with some money my mom sent in a card for my birthday. She also wrote a little poem to go with it that was funny and really nice.

Steve got me this ice cream cake (cookie dough!) and it was DELICIOUS! And look at all those presents in front of me! He got me a funny red shirt with my favorite quote from Talledega Nights (really the most memorable part of the movie) that said "I'm gonna come at you like a Spider Monkey!" and a crazy picture of a monkey. Then there was a gift certificate for a Deluxe Pedicure--Steve said he had the choice between a "regular" pedicure or the deluxe, and he chose the deluxe, so it looks like I'm all spoiled now. That would probably make only about the 3rd or 4th pedicure I've ever had!


Before I got to open Steve's presents, we went to have a Barbecue with all my friends. We had it at Elliott and Molly's place at their clubhouse pool, because there is a nice little nook there with a big BBQ grill area. Rob, Bonnie, and their twins Ben and Bella were there, Bryce and Brittni Hardy, Barbara and Pete Mills, Naomi and Marcos Aguilera, and some of Naomi's family even came when they got into town, and we had lots and lots of delicious hotdogs, Bratwursts, hamburgers, potato salad, yummy ice cream bar deserts, drinks and snow cones!














I wish I would have thought to take the camera for the Barbecue, it was a really fun night. Barbara and Bonnie got me a new purse and wallet (much needed, I might add, and they knew it!) Molly got me some tennis balls, with the promise that we would go play soon...I'll hold her to it! Anyway, it really was one of my favorite birthdays because I was spoiled all day.






Then I included a picture of Smingers because he does funny things.

No comments: