Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fur Children Update



Our kitties, or "Fur Children" as Emilee likes to call them, absolutely love their cat door that we installed. I allows them to come and go as they please and let's them do their duty outside (no more litter box).
The only problem is the kitties keep bringing their prey into the apartment to play with it until they think it's dead. But really the little critters just pretend they're dead and then scurry off once the cats get bored and leave.
Here's a list of little animals we have found so far (note: these are only the ones we know about):


2 field mice







3 ringneck snakes










2 baby birds










1 Frog











And countless lizards and geckos

2 comments:

Nathan Fowkes said...

We thought our cats were vicious but yours are ruthless. And they bring in much more exotic prey than ours.

John McCleve said...

Grayvy brought in FOUR baby birds last week! He brought in two on Wednesday night. One was dead right away and the other I tried to nurse back to health all the next day but it died before I could take it to the Wildlife rescue. I was so mad at him. Then that night he brought home another. When I got home I had firm words with him and he took off into the night. So, I took that bird and put him into a little homemade nest and while I was doing that Grayvy came in with ANOTHER one! I was soooo mad at him that I grabbed him and threw him into the shower and turned cold water on! The first bird died, the second I was able to return unharmed to his parents the next morning. Grayvy has not brought in any more birds.