Tuesday, March 11, 2008

And Now, a More Formal Miami Home











Here is another House in Miami/Palmetto Bay. It actually turned out better than I expected, which is always good! The idea here was to create a formal front to match the Mediterranean feel of the architecture (tall front columns, raised roof) and the more northern feel of the large Live Oaks. This then transitions into a tropical environment in the back, with Coconut Palms, Foxtail Palms (one of my very favorites!) and even a Bamboo (look between the two Foxtail Palms in the next to last picture). The front came out looking extremely nicely done, thanks to my great foreman, Aniceto. The back needs time to grow in before it makes the impact I had in mind. All in all, it was a great transition for this landscape, and good practice in formal landscaping for me.

No comments: