Sunday, June 28, 2009

A hit has been put out on Smingers

The other day I got home early. I had just walked in the door when I heard: tweet. tweet. Tweet. Tweet. TWeet. TWEET. TWEET. TWEET TWEET TWEETTWEET!TWEET!TWEET!

And then BAM! Someone comes Busting in the cat door. An orange blur runs past me and up the stairs without missing a beat. Meanwhile, the birds are squaking and making a huge commotion outside and I knew something was going on. So upstairs I went to find Smingers, and there he was, and I knew: the stakes had been raised.



He STOLE the birds' baby!



He had it on the floor and was pawing at it, and it was helplessly tweeting. I immediately took it away from him, and he wasn't too happy to lose such a hard-earned prize, but I took it out and put it in a low branch of a tree. But as soon as those birds saw Smingers, and until this day, they zoom down and dive-bomb him until he runs for cover! He hasn't tried to fight back too much--he knows its pointless to fight when all the birds have a hit out on you.

Next time we're outside with smingers we'll try to get video of him bein attacked!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Funny, recently our cat Simon has had the same problem. He likes to walk around the block with us (like a dog) and the birds totally dive bomb him and it's so sad. He just meows and hides. I'm pretty sure it's because he killed one of their family members. Also, he has two huge, swollen, bloody gashes on his head and I think it's from the birds. Beware for Smingers!

Oh, I was also mowing the lawn when this bird dove and hit me! Then he was just creepily staring at me. Freaky!