Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What Day is It?

So what is today you ask? St. Patrick's Day? Nope, that's not it...it's only the most important day of the last three years of mine and Steve's lives...The NATIONAL OPTOMETRY BOARDS. I write it in caps because that's how it sounds in my mind: THE NATIONAL OPTOMETRY BOARDS. Ooooo....may as well be Halloween...this is scary, everyone!

So I took Steve down to the War Memorial Auditorium--a fitting name for the memory of this test, I think--down in Fort Lauderdale. It was actually directly east of us, and not too far. I asked Steve if he was nervous while I was driving, and he said no; meanwhile, my stomach hurts the same way it would hurt when I would finally drag myself to the Testing Center at BYU. I'm more nervous than him! In fact, I was so focused on getting him to his test that I forgot my lunch today.

A few interesting points about taking the boards:
-You have to leave your phone at the front desk and take the battery out. Oh, and no smart phones. Some people must be desperate to cheat!
-You may not bring "good luck charms" to the test--no statues of saints, pictures of your significant other or dead grandmother, candles/incense, crosses, hearts, stars, and horseshoes, clovers and blue moons! Pots of gold and rainbows, and me red balloons! Okay, so I took some creative license to a few on those list...okay, most on that list, but yeah. No lucky charms. Well, I put a clover on Steve's shirt for good luck anyway. It IS St. Patrick's Day, after all!

No comments: